This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Collated Branch coverage and functional coverage

Sep 12, 2012 at 12:29 PM

Is it possible to combine the branch coverage numbers and provide the data like line coverage? 

Also is it possible to obtain functional coverage somehow? Are those values captured? 

- Nida

Coordinator
Sep 12, 2012 at 12:35 PM

1) No that's not possible. The report generated by OpenCover does not contain enough details.

2) No. Those values are not captured.

Sep 13, 2012 at 6:36 PM

But the report does give branch coverage information right? Why cant that be collated?

Coordinator
Sep 13, 2012 at 6:53 PM

If you take closer look at the report generated by OpenCover then you'll see the problem:

The report contains does not contain enough information to map the branch coverage to the corresponding code.

Sep 6, 2014 at 2:29 PM
Edited Sep 6, 2014 at 2:29 PM
I've recently added a patch to OpenCover to have an sl attribute for BranchPoints too.
I'll try to update ReportGenerator, as well, when I have some time.
Coordinator
Sep 6, 2014 at 4:44 PM
Hi,

great work. I will take a look at this myself. Let's see how I can visualize this in the report.
Coordinator
Sep 10, 2014 at 6:23 AM
The latest beta release now contains support for branch coverage. The HTML report shows the branch information.
Sep 19, 2014 at 9:05 PM
Edited Sep 19, 2014 at 9:11 PM
Hi,

Just had the chance to try it. Looks nice, really good job in such a short time.
A suggestion though, I would add some coloring to the report, so that it's visible for the first glimpse that the branches are covered or not.

I've created an integration-like test for the HTML report for my own implementation.
I've uploaded as patch in case you could use it.