This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

UNC Paths

Oct 18, 2012 at 3:57 PM
Edited Oct 18, 2012 at 4:05 PM

I'm attempting to run OpenCover and ReportGenerator on my build server.  CruiseControl.NET is running as a service, and the service does not have access to the mapped drive.

Is there any way to get UNC paths to work?  I'm using 1.6.1, and I've tried all of these:

-reports:\\server\share\path\coverage.xml
"-reports:\\server\share\path\coverage.xml"
-reports:"\\server\share\path\coverage.xml"

None of them seem to work.

If I map a drive to \\server\share, it works just fine.

Am I doing something wrong, or are UNC paths not supported.  If it's supposed to work, what do I have to do to make it work.  If it's not supported, what do I have to do to get it supported. :)

To be clear, the error I get is "No report files specified.", even though I can "dir" the exact path and file spec and see the coverage file.  It was generated by OpenCover, and when using a mapped drive and run against the same coverage file, I get the nice coverage report that I'm expecting.

Coordinator
Oct 18, 2012 at 4:06 PM

Thanks for your input.

I will have a look at the problem and see what I can do.

Oct 18, 2012 at 4:13 PM

Thanks.  FWIW, the -targetdir: parameter appears to work with UNC paths.  If I specify the -reports parameter with a mapped drive, and the -targetdir to a UNC pointing to the same place, I get all of my output files.  Sorry I didn't mention that sooner.

Oct 18, 2012 at 6:04 PM

Some further information, if it's helpful.  I'm running this on Windows 7 Enterprise 64 bit, and Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise 64 bit.  They're both failing and succeeding in the same way.

Coordinator
Oct 18, 2012 at 8:53 PM

Fixed in changeset 70139.

Oct 19, 2012 at 12:58 PM
Edited Oct 19, 2012 at 12:59 PM

Thank you very much.  Works beautifully!

Oh, and also thank you for providing a complete buildable changeset. :)